In 2018, vendors, partners and event attendees helped us launch new sustainability efforts.
For our 2019 event, we have teamed up with ZeroHero to build a stronger sustainability program as we work to have an even great impact on our environment. We have a goal to divert approximately half of all waste from the landfill and will reach that objective though event-wide recycling and compost programs.
Vendor participation is CRUCIAL to the success of the program and our entire team will help you to familiarize yourself with YOUR ROLE in Zero Waste at the 2019 Jeffco Fair & Festival.
How will vendors be expected to contribute?
- Please help us by putting ‘waste in its place’ and visiting the ZeroHero tents located throughout the event to recycle or compost your waste. A friendly volunteer will greet you to help determine what goes where.
- Please break down your cardboard AND separate your recyclables from your trash at your booth. If you need any bags ask a custodial or green team member.
- Please help us keep up with your trash and recycling. We will have separate bins for you to use to help to keep waste, recycling and compost separated please take the time to use the appropriately.
- Please DO NOT leave anything behind. This includes weights for your tents, such as cinderblocks, carpets and other décor. PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT.
- Food Vendors
- Please make sure all of your service ware, i.e. cutlery, plates, hot cups, cold cups, are either recyclable or compostable. Please contact your Vendor Coordinator if you have any questions.
- For discounted compostable, eco products follow these instructions:
- Please be prepared to submit your products prior to the event so we know what kind of products will be onsite.
- We compost! If you have any pre-consumer food waste used in prep or other food waste use the labeled compost bins (back of house). If you have a lot, let ZeroHero know and they will set you up with your own bin.
- Please note that paper products that do not have a lining are compostable and can be found for a reasonable price as well (i.e. paper plates & boats with no lining and napkins are compostable).